This recipe for cocoa coconut bites is an old favourite of mine, something my nan taught me to make when I was very small. They’re cheap, they’re delicious, and very easy to make – you won’t even need to switch the oven on. Plus, you’ll only need four ingredients! I’m almost embarrassed to post it, as it doesn’t come more unsophisticated than this!
Cocoa coconut bites
1 packet (250g) milk arrowroot or nice biscuits
1 tin of sweetened condensed milk
3 tbsp good quality cocoa powder
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Crush the biscuits up so they resemble breadcrumbs (I like to leave some larger chunks)
– Add the cocoa and coconut and combine the dry mix well
– Tip in the tin of sweetened condensed milk and stir
– Roll into small balls and coat with coconut
– Store in the fridge to firm up before serving/storing
I like making up a batch and keeping some in the freezer (just like my nan does!) to whip out when guests pop by for coffee.
You could throw a shot of rum into the mix for a boozy take on these little balls of deliciousness, or even throw in some diced dried cherries, or even chopped nuts, depending on how fancy you want to get.
Me? I like to keep things simple and stick to nan’s recipe.
Good luck stopping at one! They’re very more-ish…..